LPG is a wide source if energy all over the world but is most commonly used for cooking, heating and automotive fuel.
OVENS AND COOK-TOPS
Imagine if you didn’t have to gather firewood or use kerosene everyday. If there was no black smoke while cooking your means and no sooty pots afterwards? Imagine delicious, traditional family meals cooked the safe, modern way simply by flicking a switch. It’s time to stop imagining and start enjoying…
Smart use of these appliances is all that’s needed to save energy. Follow these easy steps.
- Thaw frozen foods before cooking to save approximately 15 minutes cooking time per 500 grams.
- Try to keep the oven door completely closed until food is cooked. Every time the door is opened, the oven temperature drops by 14° – 20°C.
- Be sure pots and pans completely cover hotplates.
- Its bets to cook with lids on pots and pans. You’ll achieve better cooking results, including less evaporation, as well as reducing steam and cooking smells in the kitchen.
- Clean gas burners regularly to remove food spills caught in the small holes in the burner rings. This ensures constant and even gas distribution and flame size for more efficient cooking.
HOT WATER SYSTEMS
Here are some ways to use less energy with your Hot Water Systems:
- Showers are frequently responsible for the majority of hot water usage in a home. Switching from a high flow inefficient showerhead to a 3 star rated showerhead can reduce this use by half.
- Remember to turn your hot water unit off if you’re going away for an extended period to save wasting energy maintaining set thermostat temperatures.
- Showers are frequently responsible for the majority of hot water usage in a home. Switching from a high flow inefficient shower head to a 3 star rated shower head can reduce this use by half.
Our showrooms across the country provide a wide range of gas appliances to suit your need. Check out our range of gas appliances here.
Fiji Gas also offers a wide range of domestic appliances for you home: