Fiji Gas commitments define the outcomes that we strive to achieve for key stakeholders:
- Delivering market leading performance for shareholders by identifying, developing and operating value creating businesses across the energy supply chain.
- Delivering value to customers by developing and procuring competitive sources of energy and related products and services that better meet customers’ energy needs.
- Creating a rewarding workplace for employees by encouraging personal development, recognising good performance, valuing teamwork and fostering equality of opportunity.
- Respecting the rights and interest of the communities in which we operate by working safely and being mindful of, and attentive to, the environmental and social impact of the resources, products and services we use or provide to others.
Fiji Gas principles provide guidance and direction for decision making:
- We conduct ourselves and our business with due care and in accordance with relevant laws and regulations. We have an overriding duty to ensure the health and safety of our employees, and to minimize the health, safety and environmental impacts on our customers and the communities in which we operate.
- We will add value to the resources that come under our control.
- The value we create will be distributed to stakeholders recognizing the need to ensure the sustainability of our business, and its impact on the environment and the communities in which we operate.
- When faced with choices, we make decisions knowing they will be subject to scrutiny. We should be able to demonstrate the soundness of our decisions to all stakeholders.
- We encourage diversity and expression of ideas and opinions but require alignment with the company’s commitments, principles and values and the policies established to implement them.
Fiji Gas values describe behaviors that the company expects employees to demonstrate in their actions and the decisions they make in pursuing the outcomes we are committed to achieving:
- Caring – We care about our impact on customers, colleagues, the community, environment and shareholders.
- Listening – We listen to the needs of others, knowing that an unfulfilled need creates the best opportunities.
- Learning – We constantly learn and implement new and better ways, sharing information and ideas effectively.
- Delivering – We deliver on the commitments made in all areas of performance.